Arts and Culture: Politics and Society
Given the current international backdrop of cultural conflicts, political strife and radical new technologies, a thorough understanding of such issues is more urgently needed than ever. In the master's programme in Politics and Society, you will gain insight into how culture has become a source of concern and conflict in the national and international political arenas. You will also explore the different professional roles a student of politics and society can play in political organisations, in the media or in think tanks.
You will get an MA in Arts and Culture with a specialisation in Politics and Society.
Information for Dutch-speaking students: Instead of choosing the English taught master’s programme Politics and Society, it is also possible to choose the master’s programme Politiek en Samenleving where you follow the academic skills trainings in Dutch and write your essays and master’s thesis in Dutch.
- An interdisciplinary focus on contemporary politics and on current and topical debates
- This programme is unique in the Netherlands
- Learn to connect ideas and people across disciplines
- A variety of course-related skills trainings
- The possibility to customise your programme
- 1-year, full-time master, starts in September
- Weekly: 8 contact hrs, 32 hrs individual/group study